The Kidney Alliance was formed jointly by the Renal Association and the National Kidney Federation in 1998 with the support of the British Renal Symposium. The aim was to bring together patients’ voice and professionals committed to renal medicine. It’s mission:
‘to promote high-quality treatment for all patients with kidney failure on an equal and uniform base throughout the UK’.
The founder member organisations contributing to this Kidney Alliance initiative include:
- British Renal Society (BRS)
- British Transplantation Society (BTS)
- National Kidney Federation (NKF)
- National Kidney Research Fund (NKRF)
- Renal Association
- Joint Royal College of Physicians (London)/Renal Association Committee
- Society of DGH Nephrologists
- Royal College of Nursing
Utilizing skin whitening products to obtain lighter skin continues to be a prevalent problem in the UK. In certain areas of the world like India and the Philippines, advertisements popularizing the sorts of lotions that lighten the skin take a significant portion of television airtime. Although our society is actually learning how to appreciate different types of attractiveness between skin types, fairer skin still remains being desired by many people.
While there are good natural skin whitening creams available, many choose to use the harsh and risky alternatives. We were astonished by the number of health dangers that some of these lotions can expose their users. These dangers of skin lightening creams can result from incorrect usage or a combination of ingredients contained in the products. To give you a much clearer picture, here is a closer look at a few of the most frequent ingredients in some dangerous skin lightening creams as well as their unwanted side effects.
There are two sorts of whitening lotions:
- Skin Bleaching creams: can make skin lighter quickly but contain harmful chemicals that impede the creation of melanin. These creams are usually designed to decrease the visibility of marks or scars on the skin (in small areas), and should only be utilised on the areas around the affected location. Many skincare creams contain active ingredients that may be harmful.
- Skin Lightening creams: do not contain harsh chemicals, but will whiten skin over a longer period of time.
Nonetheless, these lotions can render users with unrecoverable damage to their skin. A lot of people in Britain suffer from acute skin disorders that are connected to whitening lotions, many reports show.
As stated previously, the unwanted effects of skin whitening creams are determined by the ingredients. A few of these lotions include either one of them or a mixture of many. In light of them, here’s a list of what might go wrong with the usage of these lotions.
- Skin Care: Compounds used in skin lightening creams like Hydroquinone, along with mercury, and steroids have cancer creating properties. This means they have the capability to cause cancer when employed for an extended time.
- Nerve or liver damage: The long term utilization of lotions containing mercury and its compounds can result in severe organ damage.
- Thinning of the Skin: Exploitation of skin whitening lotions may cause severe bruising, vulnerable capillaries, skin marks, etc..
- Loss of Skin Care Recovery Properties: Our skin features a regeneration property that means that in the event that you receive an injury to the skin, then you can heal itself. However, long exposure to skin whitening lotions can remove this property from the skin.
- Scarring: This may lead to pustules, cracking of skin, or other skin ailments that can arise with utilization of several lotions.
- Skin Irritations: The use of skin care lotions can result in discoloration, peeling of the skin, rashes, and burning.
- Baby brain damage: Vulnerability to mercury when a person is pregnant can have a serious effect on an unborn baby’s brain.
- Darkening or skin de-pigmentation: This is particularly connected with long-term utilization of creams that contain hydroquinone.
- Photosensitivity: Skin lightening creams can make skin vulnerable to damage from UV rays
The planet has only scratched the surface with this issue because many companies continue to flourish in its multi-billion pound market.
We are hoping that by shining a light onto the threat of using these creams might help some people to protect their skin.